Updated: Oct 18, 2020
The new normal requires us to wear masks almost every day of our lives. Unfortunately, masks also have some disadvantages for your skin, causing problems like acne and severe irritation. Maskne or acne mechanica, is a skin condition resulting from prolonged wear of facial masks. It is formed by combination of friction, heat, sweat and oil that can produce breakouts. Here are some skin care tips to protect your face from maskne.
1. Always Wash Your Face – Remember to put your mask on over a clean face, do this by washing your face first to prevent any oil and clogged into your skin.
2. Keep your Skin Moisturized – Apply some moisturizer on your face to keep your skin hydrated.
3. Do not Apply Makeup - Wearing makeup under your mask can cause clogged pores and breakouts.
4. Wash Cloth Mask Daily – If you’re using cloth masks, make sure you wash it daily, there are a lot of bacteria that are lingering in your mouth or nose. Always wash them after use.
5. Never reuse Disposable Masks – That’s why you call it disposable, it is meant to use one time only. You’ll never know the dirt lingering in your masks.
6.Treat your Skin with Facial - Your skin deserves a treatment every once in a while, Have a deep cleansing facial at Sylvia’s Secrets, it is a good choice if your skin lacks moisture and prone to acne and breakouts. Sylvia’s Secrets Deep Cleansing Facial involves relaxing facial massage, cleansing, moisturize, and serum perfect for any type of skin.